SMC - ISR
SMC ISR reflect a broader trend, discernible across the academy, toward articulating ethics and values and the cultivation of personal and social responsibility as important outcomes of college education. Ethics, values, and personal and social responsibility emerge as prominent themes in the professions' goals for student learning in college.
The institution promotes the participation of the students and faculty in extension activities including participation in NSS, NCC, YRC, Scouts and Guides and other National/ International programs. The volunteers of all these units actively participate, discuss and collaborate the activities.
- Volunteers of NSS, Scouts and Guides and YRCU along with the programme Officers participated in the Village Cleanliness and Sanitation Program on 16th July 2013 at Nigadi village, organized by SCOPE, an NGO. Volunteers actively participated and planted more than 100 plants.
- “Blood Donation Camp” was organized on 5th Sept, 2013 in collaboration with HITAISHI and KIMS. 47 units were donated voluntarily by volunteers and staff
- On 16th Jan, 2014 Dr. C.S.Hasabi and S.R.Kulkarni Conducted Awareness Programme on ‘’Career Guidance’’ And “English Grammar” for 9th Standard and 10th Standard Students at Karadigudda village.
- Visited School for Special Children – MAMATA SCHOOL. Various competitions like coloring, musical chair were conducted and prizes were given to the winners. Cultural programs were also performed to keep these children happy.
- “World Cancer Day” was celebrated. Shri Ravindra Hombal, Trustee Grameen Shikshan Jatha, Hubli was the Chief Guest.and more than 100 students were participated in Jatha organized By Red Corss Unit, NSS And Scouts And Guides Units of our college
- Seven days residential “NSS Camp” was organized on 10th Jan, 2014 to 16th Jan, 2014 for the students at Karadigudda Village, Dharwad District. 50 students were participated.
- From 1st Feb, 2014 to 7th Feb, 2014 NSS “National Integration Camp” organized by KUD. Our College Students And NSS Officer were participated.
- A special Scouts and guidesCamp “Sasya Chaitanya” was organized for Scouts and Guides 30 Volunteers From 17th March, 2016 to 21st Feb, 2014 at Training Center, Daddikamalapur.
- From 21/2/14 To 27/2/14 our College Student Sharnbasav Wali B.A. IV Sem Participated in NSS National Integration Camp at Shri. H.D.Devegouda Govt. First Grade College, Paduvalhipe,Hasan And Secured Best Leader Prize.
- On 27th March,2014 NSS, YRCU and Scouts and Guides unit organized “2014 Loksabha Voting Awareness Jatha”.
- Volunteers of NSS, Scouts and Guides and YRCU along with the programme Officers participated in the “Aggi Habba” on 27th July 2015 at Belligati village, organized by SCOPE, an NGO. Volunteers actively participated and planted more than 500 plants
On 21st July, 2014 NSS , Scouts and Guides and YRCU 72 Volunteers along with programme officers visited Belligatti for “Agi Habba” and planted nearly 100 samplings. As ISR NSS , Scouts and Guides and YRCU 72 Volunteers along with programme officers participated in “Agi Habba” at Belligatti and planted nearly nearly 500 samplings.This was organized by SCOPE, an NGO.
Gram panchayath officers, local people, NGO volunteers and our students participated.,
As the nation remembered the soldiers who laid down their lives for the country during the Kargil operation, rich tributes were paid to them in our college too. “Kargil Vijayostava” was celebrated on 26th July, 2014 . Students went to DC Office and paid tribute to the soldiers.
Volunteers collected donations from the public and donated cash of Rs.5230/- to the Nepal Earthquake Victims.
On the eve of the “International Youth Day” Blood Donation Camp was organized on 12th Aug, 2014 by NSS, Scouts and Guides, and YRCU units in collaboration with HITAISHI foundation and KIMS, Hubli. 105 units of blood were donated and 300 blood grouping was done. KIMS Hubli appreciated the service of volunteers as it was the record of the year by donating 105 units.
Under YRCU, one Day workshop on “English Grammar Tips” and “What Next after SSLC” was organized for Std X students of Govt. School, Karadigudda.
Under the aegis of Youth Red Cross Unit, “International Women’ Day” was celebrated on 10th March, 2015. The student volunteers along with Staff went to Civil Hospital, Dharwad and wished all the staff, Menial staff, Doctors.
“Blood Donation Camp” was organized on 4th Sept, 2015 in collaboration with HITAISHI, KIMS, Swayam Shakti and Vishwa Shanti Charitable Trust, Belagavi. 47 units were donated voluntarily by volunteers and staff.
Visited School for Special Children – MAMATA SCHOOL. Various competitions like coloring, musical chair were conducted and prizes were given to the winners. Cultural programs were also performed to keep these children happy. Volunteers donated wall clock for the school.
• Special Camps
• Seven days residential “NSS Camp” was organized on 20.01.2016 for the students at Hungaraki Village, Dharwad District. The main focus was Cleanliness, awareness of the toilets, literacy, health and agriculture.
Students involved in ”Shramadhana”.
A special “Scouts and guides” Camp was organized for Scouts and Guides Volunteers From 15-03-2016 at Daddikamalapur. Shri. M.M.Londe, District Commissioner, Scouts and Guides was the Chief Guest.